Selling your own home can be a massive undertaking, although not impossible. To help “For Sale By Owners” (FSBO) I have compiled a list over the years that can be very helpful and make the process easier. Below is the list to help your property sell faster.
What is a FSBO
If you own your own property and your trying to sell your home without a Realtor, you are identified in the real estate market as a “For Sale By Owner” or FSBO pronounce (fez-bow).
As a Realtor, I would not sell my home without an agent representing me, don’t get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of home owners selling their own property, and everyone’s situation is different. For me, it is a matter of having “Piece-of-Mind”.
As a Realtor, I am very aware of how badly things in a real estate transaction can go south, I am also aware of the stresses and emotional drain homeowners go thru when selling their home. I see it every day. By knowing my Realtor has my back and is taking care of all my Real Estate needs, gives me “Piece-of-Mind” as I prepare and manage all other aspects of moving to my next home.Like I said above.
Help Your Property Sell Faster
Here is the list to help your property sell faster. As you go through this list, I recommend you print this list and go through the questions making sure you have addressed each tip.
- What is the buyer’s first impression of the exterior of your house?
- Shall I re-seed the lawn and get my landscaping in top shape?
- Does the house or any part of the house need painting?
- What about the door mats? Do I need to replace them?
- What about the screens? Any holes? What about the windows? Do they work well or do they need attention?
- What is the buyer’s first impression as they step inside the house?
- Are my pets in control at all times?
- Does the carpet need cleaning or replaced?
- Are all appliances in good working order?
- Can I take items out of the cabinets to make them look more spacious?
- Is there any furniture that can be stored to make rooms look larger?
- Since all buyers want to look in closets, ask yourself, “can I take some of the clothes out to make them look roomier?”
- Are the garage and storage areas as clean and neat as they should be?
- Should I stay out of a prospective buyer’s way?
- Are price and terms offered going to appeal to most of the buying public in my price range?
- Do I need to be aware of other houses similar to mine also being offered for sale?
This is a small list to start you off, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments and/or concerns you might have prior to or during the process of selling your home.