OK, I know what your thinking “Why does a Realtor have a Apple Banana Bread recipe on her website?”
Well, over the years I have found that when selling a home, it is always a good idea to fill the air with the wonderful aroma of fresh backed goodies. Whether it’s freshly baked Apple Banana Bread or Chocolate Chip Cookies, etc… when a buyer walks into your home for the first time and smells the freshly baked goods in the air, they will feel right at home and spend more time seeing themselves in the home your selling. Additionally, this recipe is very easy and healthy to make. After the buyers leave and you return back home you can have a wonderful healthy treat to enjoy as well.
- This Chunky Apple Banana bread is one of my absolute favorite things to make (and eat).
- It’s just so easy and delicious. In fact, I pretty much have a batch of chunky apple banana bread or muffins on hand at all times for a quick snack.
- This chunky apple banana protein bread is just the right amount of sweet and so moist and tasty! It packs a good amount of protein and healthy carbs to keep you full and energized throughout the day.
- Keep in mind that this bread is super dense and won’t rise at all, so you could double the recipe if you prefer larger bread slices.
Chunky Apple Banana Bread Recipe
Here’s your chunky apple banana protein bread recipe
1 cup old fashioned or gluten-free oats
1 large ripe banana (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (like this one)
1/4 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp cottage cheese
2 tbsp flax seed, ground
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 dates, pitted
1 medium apple, peeled & diced
- Heat your oven to 350* Fahrenheit.
- In a blender, blend together all of the ingredients except for the apple chunks until all the chunks are smoothed out (a hand mixer works too).
- Peel and coarsely chop the apple, then stir evenly into the mixture.
- Spray a 4×8″ non-stick pan with a little coconut or nonstick oil, then pour the mixture into the pan and stick into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Slice into eight pieces then eat chilled or warmed with your favorite topping!
- Store in the fridge.
Macros (per 1/8th recipe)
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 5g
- Carbs: 16g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 3g