2016 US Grand Prix Weekend Oct 21-23 Austin, TX!
Central Austin will be bursting with activities this coming weekend, take a look below:
Austin is known as the “live music capital of the world” but this coming weekend we will be hosting the 2016 US Grand Prix. This is a 3 day event starting on Friday October 21st Parking lots will open at 7am and the Gates will open at 8am. We are expecting ideal temperatures for this weekend so come prepared for a weekend full of activities throughout Austin.
Take a look at the additional activities you will find throughout Austin:
COTA Fan Fest in Downtown Austin
This Fun Fest is basically a huge party in downtown Austin. They will have F1 & Motorsport displays. Additionally,the little ones will be able to enjoy rides and other age appropriate activities. You will also get to listen to some music on 3 stages throughout the afternoon and evening of (Friday & Saturday).
Some of the F1 drivers will be making an appearance and they will be able to sign a few autographs. Please note: Details of this year’s Fan Fest have not been released, watch out for updates on the COTA website: www.circuitoftheamericas.com
Music on 6th Street and Red River
You will be able to enjoy some awesome music on 6th Street and on Red River. If you walk between 2nd. and 8th. streets and/or Red River you will be able to enjoy some amazing music playing. Click here to learn more: https://6street.com/red-river/
Additionally for some great local shopping, head to Congress just south of the river….you will find a variety of boutique stores with unique gifts as well as traditional Texan favorites. You will also have a variety of places to stop and enjoy a bite to eat: from a selection of restaurants up and down south congress, a variety of upscale selection of eateries to the South Congress trailer park, which you will find a variety of food trucks from Indian to Mexican to Thai food.
Below is a list of Items Allowed & Not Allowed inside the gates of Circuit of the Americas during the F1 USGP
—————————- Items Not Allowed ————————–
The following items will NOT be permitted inside the gates of Circuit of The Americas during the Formula 1 USGP. In addition to items specifically listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (exception for certified service animals)
- Aerosol cans
- Bags, parcels, or backpacks larger than 12X12X20 inches
- Battery packs for lights embedded in clothing
- In an effort to keep all of our guests safe, all patrons will have to go through a security screening process before entering the grounds. Unfortunately battery packs, lights and loose wires will not pass the security screening. Thank you for your understanding and enjoy the show!
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Camera lenses longer than 10″
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Food and Beverage (Note: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed – one per person)
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Illegal substances
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
- Large, golf-type umbrellas
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Selfie Sticks
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
The following items will not be permitted in the Standing Room Only Music Upgrade and VIP areas of the Super Stage during the concerts:
- Backpacks (drawstring bags are okay)
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Point and shoot cameras will be the only type of cameras admitted
- Flags larger than 11″X17″
- Flag poles
- Personal video recording devices
- Posters larger than 11″X 17″
Posters and flags larger than 11″x 17″ will not be permitted in the upgrade areas or standard general admission area during the concerts.
—————————- Items Allowed —————————-
The following items WILL be permitted inside the circuit gates and the standard General Admission lawn:
- Bags, parcels, and backpacks no larger than 12x20x20 inches
- Camelbacks (must be empty)
- Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
- Baby strollers
- One 20 oz. factory sealed water bottle per guest
- Portable, collapsible chairs
- Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital cameras or film cameras)
- Any still photography lens of 10″ will not be permitted
- Small, personal umbrellas
- Sunscreen (plastic bottle only, no aerosol cans)
NOTE: All bags, purses and backpacks will be screened and persons will be scanned by security personnel. Fans without bags are encouraged to use our “No Bag Lanes” to expedite the process. Guests entering Circuit of The Americas should prepare accordingly.
For further information on prohibited items visit: www.circuitoftheamericas.com/blog/2016/10/14/2016-f1-concert-guide
For additional information about 2016 US Grand Prix and COTA, please visit their site: www.circuitoftheamericas.com
If your ready to make the move and move to Austin or you just want to buy a second home here in the beautiful city of Austin, please feel free to contact me, I am quick to respond!
Have Questions about 2016 US Grand Prix?
Comment Below and I’ll Answer Them!
I’m always checking on my blog for new comments…
So if you need help with 2016 US Grand Prix, feel free to comment and I will pop back on and answer them as soon as possible!